Project Manager; 100% position.
Period: 2,5 years, starting as soon as possible.
The EU framework programs is strategically important for the Norwegian Media Cluster and is a key element in the cluster's strategy. The candidate will work in the cluster organization, Media City Bergen AS, which runs both the MCB Media Lab (located in the top floor, south tower of MCB) and the NCE Media (Norwegian Centre of Expertise) innovation program. We are seeking candidates skilled in the media and media tech industry and updated on new technology trends to head our current EU-projects and to administer and carry out different activities in the projects. The projects are dedicated to developing incubator- and accelerator services for startups and scale ups in Europe in close collaboration with consortium partners and innovation hubs in Europe.
- Play the lead role in the Media Cluster EU projects in and ensure that the tasks are performed and followed up according to agreements, including planning, executing, monitoring and controlling the projects in collaboration with consortium partners.
- Make sure the tasks are performed and followed up according to agreements, and report on status and progress to consortium leaders as well as to Media City Bergen AS´s management.
- Be an ambassador for the projects in relevant forums and contribute to dissemination efforts, for example by identifying relevant practices and drafting web articles and other information.
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the project plan, including managing and supervising the project budget and financial reporting.
- Coordinate and organize workshops, meetings, conferences and other project-related events, and prepare the necessary materials, including reports, presentations, agendas and minutes.
- Acts as a liaison between project coordinators and other people involved in the projects.
- Based on experience, assist the NCE Media EU Adviser in strategic measures and positioning and be a resource for Horizon 2020 / Horizon Europe work in the cluster and its members..
- Proven experience as a project manager.
- Expert knowledge of different media and media tech solutions. You understand the media landscape and you stay on top of new and emerging trends.
- Excellent collaboration and relationship building skills and can build and strengthen relations with different companies and stakeholders.
- You are efficient and reliable, with great attention to details. You have great work capacity, can work independently and are able to stick to tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both Norwegian and English, and preferably also master other European languages. High quality communication and presentation abilities.
- Experience from working in clusters or relevant member organizations is an advantage, so is experience from and / or knowledge of the EU framework program for research and development.
A working environment with motivated and committed colleagues in the heart of the Norwegian Media Cluster, located in the new media lab in Media City Bergen.
Significant development opportunities and plenty of challenges that provide a unique experience.
A vibrant, international work environment in close cooperation with world leading companies and research and educational environments, creating the media solutions of the future.
A huge international network of interesting hubs, ecosystems and organizations.
Fixed term full time contract for 2,5 years with extension possibility.
The successful applicant should start ideally as soon as possible.
You can expect occasional travel in to some meetings related to the project, including consortium meetings and project activities in Europe.
Send your application and CV, including information on relevant education and previous work experience, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: August 1, 2020.
For questions, contact CEO Anne Jacobsen; email@example.com
The Norwegian Media Cluster is a world leader in AR, AI, graphics, virtual studios, IP Based Video, Broadcast, robotics and tools for workflow and visual storytelling. The cluster has evolved into an exciting international environment with Vizrt, Myreze, Vimond, Mediability, Sixty, Highsoft, TV 2, NRK, Bergens Tidende, BA and The University of Bergen (Dept. of Information Science and Media Studies) as key players. The Norwegian Media Cluster has been awarded a Centre of Expertise status (NCE Media) from Innovation Norway.
See www.mediacitybergen.no for further information.