Last year, the Norwegian Media Cluster won EU funding to help companies that are using AI to solve challenges in the media, to scale. Now, applications are open to the second MediaMotorEurope (MME) open call, and we are inviting startups and scaleups to apply before October 30, 17:00.
MME is a mentoring programme framed under the Startup Europe initiative (H2020), that aims to nurture high-potential European deeptech innovators to solve today's most prominent media industry challenges and support them in building the media solutions of tomorrow. In MME, Media City Bergen is part of a large ecosystem, powered by strong media and innovation hubs, as well as key players in the tech and investment scene: VIS Mediekuben, VRT, Thermi, Athens Technology Center, Cluster Sofia Knowledge City, FastTrack, and F6S.
The 6-month programme will foster the development of creative and unique deeptech solutions targeting some of the biggest challenges and needs that the media sector faces, such as the fight against misinformation and fake news; improved accessibility and inclusion of media services for people with disabilities; more advanced human-machine interaction; better protection of personal data through new technologies; and transition towards a data-driven media 4.0 market.
What does MediaMotorEurope offer?
The intensive mentoring programme aims to bring deeptech innovators from an MVP to a growing company together with candidate clients in the media sector and potential investors.
Selected startups and scaleups get:
- Dedicated coaching to support upscaling the business and soft-landing to new markets
- Tailored support and guidance to the startups’ needs and challenges, improving skills in areas such as product-market fit, legal aspects, pitching readiness, fundraising, product development, strategic management, internationalisation, UX and Design, etc.
- Matchmaking with media & creative corporations and public procurement support
- Meetings and networking opportunities with investors
- Pitching and showcasing at major media events, such as Slush, Digital Media Days and New Radio Day
- The chance to win tickets to relevant international conferences of high impact
- Vouchers of up to EUR 600 to support travel costs to events
The second support cycle will take place between January and June 2021. All services are offered for free thanks to Startup Europe.
Applications open until 30 October at 17h00 CET
EU Advisor Kristoffer Hammer (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Project Manager Einar Kaslegard (email@example.com) can answer any questions you might have regarding the Open Call or MME. You can also learn more at the MediaMotorEurope website.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 871552.