The call provides access to funding, partners, and know-how for the development of Next Generation Media. Already more than 400 start-ups and scale-ups in the European media sector were engaged with STADIEM’s 1st open call, leading to over 200 applications and 40 selected proposals. Currently, 16 scale-ups are working together with European media organizations (including VRT, Roularta Media Group, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, Marathon Music Group, and several others) to tackle today’s largest media challenges, from diversity, over AI, VR, and AR, to accessibility. In the current batch of companies in the STADIEM program are the Media Cluster members Web64 and Visualyst.
– The media is changing so fast that we want to build these solutions together with the scaleups and the startups. That means that we have to work together in a European context with other public and commercial media players, and together with other accelerators that are here in STADIEM, says Peter De Paepe, Head of VRT Sandbox.
- Content creation and distribution
- Journalism 4.0
- Content verification and the fight against disinformation
- Data/AI/ML/Synthetic Media
Additional information on the 2nd open call and a webinar on the application process can be found on STADIEM’s website.
Companies accepted to the STADIEM program can receive up to 1,5 MNOK each in funding.
– By providing a specific timeframe within the match phase, the STADIEM program has really pushed us to focus on securing a partner: the training budget allowed us to access coaching which enabled us to refine our methods and messaging when addressing potential partners, says Jan Spielhoff, from FilmChain, one of the scaleups currently involved in the Develop Phase of STADIEM’s program.
Who can apply?
Did you know that the majority of the members of the Norwegian Media Cluster can apply to the STADIEM program? The category of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) is made up of enterprises which employ fewer than 250 persons and which have an annual turnover not exceeding EUR 50 million, and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding EUR 43 million. Read more about the eligibility criteria for the STADIEM program in the Guide for Applicants.
Project Manager Marianne Fjellhaug (marianne(a)mediacitybergen.no) can answer any questions you might have regarding the Open Call of STADIEM.
This is your chance, apply now
The application submission deadline is 28 February 2022, 5 PM CET.