MediaMotorEurope (MME) is looking for high-potential European deep-tech innovators who can target today’s most relevant media industry challenges. MME is a mentoring program supported by the European Commission and run by several media and innovation hubs, including the Norwegian Media Cluster. So far, this program has already selected 40 deep-tech startups/scaleups and is now looking for the final promising 20 to enroll in the program!
European startups and scaleups are invited to apply for MME third and last open call until 27 May 2021 at 17 PM CEST!
MME is powered by strong media and innovation hubs, as well as key players in the tech and investment scene: Media City Bergen, VRT, Thermi, Athens Technology Center, Cluster Sofia Knowledge City, FastTrack, and F6S.
The 6-month program will foster the development of creative and unique deep-tech solutions targeting some of the biggest challenges and needs that the media sector faces, such as the fight against misinformation and fake news; improved accessibility and inclusion of media services for people with disabilities; more advanced human-machine interaction; better protection of personal data through new technologies; and transition towards a data-driven media 4.0 market.
What can MediaMotorEurope offer you?
The intensive mentoring program aims to bring deep-tech innovators from an MVP to a growing company together with candidate clients in the media sector and potential investors.
Selected startups and scaleups get:
- Dedicated coaching to support upscaling the business and soft-landing to new markets
- Tailored support and guidance to the startups’ needs and challenges, improving skills in areas such as product-market fit, legal aspects, pitching readiness, fundraising, product development, strategic management, internationalization, UX, and Design, etc.
- Matchmaking with media & creative corporations and public procurement support
- Meetings and networking opportunities with investors
- Pitching and showcasing at major media events, such as Slush, IBC, Digital Media Days, and New Radio Day, as well as Mediatech on Stage
- The chance to win tickets to relevant international conferences of high impact
- Vouchers of up to EUR 600 to support travel costs to events (if health/safety regulations allow)
The third support cycle will take place between July and December 2021. All services are sponsored and offered for free thanks to Startup Europe.
The application submission deadline is 27 May at 17PM CEST.
Project Manager Einar Kaslegard ([email protected]) can answer any questions you might have regarding the Open Call or MME. You can also learn more at the MediaMotorEurope website.
Follow MME on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement No 871552.